Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian tied the knot in a plush Good looks and the Beast-themed wedding ceremony in New Orleans in November. No longer best had been the nuptials some of the over-the-top weddings we have noticed up to now, however the non-public touches they integrated had been additionally the most efficient section. From the couple's vows to the particular that means in the back of their wedding ceremony date, learn on for 5 attention-grabbing tidbits about Serena and Alexis's special occasion.
- Their wedding ceremony was once so star-studded, it would have simply doubled as an award display. The grand affair introduced out Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland, Eva Longoria, Kim Kardashian, Anna Wintour, and Ciara or even integrated a distinct efficiency by means of New Version.
- Their wedding ceremony date holds particular importance. The couple made up our minds to tie the knot on Nov. 16 in reminiscence of Alexis's mom, who kicked the bucket in 2008. "It is her birthday, and we wanted her to be represented at the wedding," Serena defined to Trend. "Obviously, we wish that she could be here for this, but choosing her birthday as our wedding date was a nice way of making sure she's still involved and made us feel more connected to her on our day."
- Serena had no longer one however 3 outfit adjustments. Serena wore an Alexander McQueen princess robe entire with a cape for the rite after which was a feathered Versace get dressed for the reception with Nike footwear. After dinner, the tennis champ blended issues up and was every other Versace ensemble with a brief skirt.
- It was once an emotional day. Serena and Alexis each wrote their very own vows, and when Alexis learn his, "everybody was crying." "You are my Queen and we already have our Princess," Alexis informed Serena.
- Alexis stunned Serena with a carousel. At round 1:30 a.m., Alexis took the degree and unveiled an all-white carousel whilst Ginuwine's "Pony" performed within the background. Beyoncé was once even photographed taking a experience on probably the most horses.